Apa-apa aje

Make Money Blogging

Promote Your Blog

Help Fight Global Hunger

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Portugal Coach Carlos Queiroz Hits Back At Cristiano Ronaldo

Goal.com - 18 hours ago

Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz has responded to criticism directed at him by Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of their World Cup defeat by Spain by declaring that no individual is bigger than the national side.
Ronaldo has since tried to explain his comments and Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has also weighed into the debate but Queiroz has insisted that players who think they are above playing for the national team don't have to play.
"While I am in charge of the national team, if the size of the shirt is too small for anybody, then do not need to be here," Queiroz told a press conference before noting that Ronaldo should contain his frustration and show some respect.
"In games of this intensity it is understandable that some frustrations are evident. At present, it may be that the frustrations are not sufficiently educated to be well contained.
"I don't want to win an easy friendship with him, I just want his respect. I want to make players better players and better people. If I need a lifetime to make them understand that the frustration must be contained I'm going to do it.
"Nobody is above the selection and never will be while I'm here."

No comments: